The Real News Network / TRNN is a grassroots alternative video media outlet covering an extraordinary range of issues and presents an amazing and unique breadth of academics, activists, authors, experts, journalists, NGOs and individuals.
Gila Mimbres Community Radio / KURU 89.1 FM is
the very first Community Radio Station in the nation
to present content from The Real News Network!
GMCR / KURU broadcasts and webcasts The Real News on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. The program is a one hour magazine format with a selection of their current, news, analysis and commentary.
Or listen at your convenience via the following links…
- At AIPAC Protest, Young American Jews Voice Rejection of Israeli Policies
Journalist and author Max Blumenthal says the vocal Jewish-led protests at this year’s AIPAC Policy Conference highlight a growing generational divide on Israel-Palestine
- Jeff Sessions Targeting of So-Called Sanctuary Cities Likely Unconstitutional, Experts Say
Analysts say the assault makes communities less safe and likely will be challenged in courts
- Growing Discontent with Corruption Brings Thousands of Russians to the Streets
The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Tayler says the opposition does not offer much of a political program beyond calling for removing Putin from power
- Trump’s Climate Order Protects Fossil Fuel’s Bottom Line
The rollback of Obama-era provisions including the moratorium leasing public lands for coal won’t bring back jobs due to the strong market advantage held by cheaper fuels like natural gas, says Oil International’s Janet Redman
- Is the US Ready for Universal Health Care? This Physician Says ‘Yes’
Physicians for A National Health Program’s Adam Gaffney warns that incremental steps can turn into diversions and prevent us from fixing the fundamental problems with our current health care system
- Military-Industrial Complex Pushes Nuke Modernization, Risking Confrontation with Russia
Col. Lawrence Wilkerson says the section of the elite that includes Samantha Power, Susan Rice, and John McCain are willing to use military means to implement democracy wherever they see fit
Though our broadcast of The Real News is limited to 1 hour, we also like to share additional features with you that can be viewed via the following links…
- “Wealthcare” Defeated: Health Care For All Back on the Agenda
National Nurses United co-director Jean Ross says only Medicare for All can provide care for millions who still remain uninsured under the Affordable Care Act
- Will Dems Derail Sanders’s Push for Public Option?
Wendell Potter, a health insurance executive turned whistleblower, on the GOP failure to repeal Obamacare and what lessons the 2009 defeat of the public option – when Democrats controlled Congress – can offer today
- After Trumpcare Fail, Activists See Opportunity for Single-Payer
Dr Carol Paris, president of Physicians for a National Health Program, says the Republican failure to repeal Obamacare has energized the movement for universal health care